[IP] Re: Heart Attacks and Diabetes

Linda Weed said that she switched to a very low fat vegan diet 10 years ago.

I switched to this same diet nine years ago and feel it makes sense
considering the accumulative effects of diabetes on the body. Even with
this, I had the beginning stages of retinopathy and kidney disease, so I
have added very close control of protein in all foods that I eat. I never
feel hungry because I always have a plentiful supply of carbohydrates. The
pump gives me more control over correcting blood sugars.The diet allows me
to closely monitor nutrition. I exercise daily. I'm really counting on these
measures to effect the ongoing disease process. I do have more energy and
feel better most of the time.

Type 1 diabetes for 30 years
Pumping for 15 months