Re: [IP] Pregnancy/Homebirth Question

> Can anyone tell me what is the youngest age that they will start a
> child on an insulin pump?  Thank you in advance for this
> information.

the youngest I know of is a boy in Arkansas that was started at 12
days old in August of 2000. Just recently a girl living in the Bay
Area was started at 22 days old at Stanford Children's Hospital --
they are not very aggressive with kids and pumps either. Third hand,
I've heard that MMM has placed pumps with over 500 kids under the age
of one.

There are  many many toddlers on pumps -- see the KIDS page of the
web site. There is a listing of all of our pump kid members and the
age they started pumping.

While I'm at it, if any of you pump parents out there would like to
send in a story about your child's pump start and the subsequent
changes in lifestyle, I'd be happy to add it to the kids's page