[IP] Re: Retinopathy

> Jan (or anyone else who knows),
> When was an effective treatment for retinopathy developed?  Thanks
> Deirdre

I had a vitrectomy 5/7/97 - and it was 8 weeks following that after which I
could see well. I did have quite a few restrictions, but I know someone else
on this list who posts verrry seldom now who had one a year or two ago and
she could drive after I believe THREE days! Therefore, I think the methods
for vitrectomies have improved. Hopefully.

If anyone wants to know what a vitrectomy is, please do not post me
privately as was suggested by someone else on the list to another question,
but I have no idea what a meter skin is, and since it's a new product, how
many of the 4,000 people here do? That question should be answered for all
of us.

Vitrectomy: removing all the viteous fluid and replacing it with silicone.

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts