Re: [IP] Complications

In a message dated 5/23/02 12:40:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Jan (or anyone else who knows),
> When was an effective treatment for retinopathy developed?  Thanks
> Deirdre

Deirdre I was in a laser study in 1972 at Joslin in Boston. It was a Federal
study. The study was to see which laser worked best to remove capillaries on
the retina. In 72 or 73 they came out and said the red ruby was the best. I
only had 4 or 500 shots of green laser xenon arc (sp). They no longer use
that one. I only had the early signs of problems. Before that they would
operate on the petulatary gland. You could tell by the dent it left on the
forehead. Maybe Spot could elaborate on this. Roger C