RE: [IP] Picking a pump

I have ridden each summer in the Mt. Hood and Hood River
areas and have not had a problem with my pump and static
electricity from the power lines.  Last summer I rode over
Lolo Pass and a friend had a break down with his bike and
we spent ~2 hours working on it directly under the huge
power lines from Bonneville.  I do use the leather case
(not the "foil lined" one, just the plain leather) because
it helps keep out dust and protects the pump when I crash
into the bushes or something.  ;-)

Also, my son wears a 508 like I do and neither of us has
encountered the amount of problems you describe.  I have
only been on my 508 for ~2 yrs, but my son is coming up on
4 yrs (ages 14-18).  Trust me, he and his brother (& friends)
do plenty of wrestling in the yard, athletic activities, etc.
My son has had one incident with static electricity and does
not use a case with his 508.

Have you spoken to the MM rep. in this area about your
problems with your 508?  If not, I can send you his phone
number.  I have met with him several times to get loaner
pumps for vacation, get samples of the quick sets & an
inserter, etc.  He has been vary helpful to us and I would
hope he would be to others as well.  Sam, do you disagree
with that?

Any way, sorry to hear that you have had so many problems
with your 508.

John Hughes