Re: [IP] Tips for the Parents of Young Children Using an Insulin Pump

These types of 'tips' written to be thought of as a general order on how
things should be is totally wrong.  For someone to say that kids or those
with small amounts of fatty tissue 'should' use Tenders/Silouettes and to use
them in certain areas because that is best...well that is NOT sound advice.
We could not even STAND the Tenders when Josh started pumping 2.5 years ago.
He is VERY skinny and has been having the BEST life since going with the
straight in Sof-sets/Quick Sets type of set.  We rotate between his upper
hiney and his tummy area.  As for the rest of it I suppose it is fairly sound
advice.  But like with everything else about this disease YMMV should be
taken into consideration.  People need to know that they have choices, about
pump brands, styles, set styles and should NEVER be told which style is best
for them.  Only the person that is going to be wearing it can make that
decision.  These 'professionals' need to step back and start giving the
patient choices and know that they are capable of making the right choice for
themselves.  And if not the patient then the parent!!

mom to Joshua