[IP] Forgetting to bolus at meals

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:46:31 -0500
From: "SherriLynn" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP]  Forgetting to bolus at meals...

Hi all,

Anyone have any advice about how to get a preteen to remember to bolus for
her food?  Several times now she has forgotten to bolus when she eats and
then ends up skyhigh.  Luckily, she tests fairly often and catches it but
then we have to bring down a high which is unpleasant.  Was just wondering
if anyone had anything advice or tips on remembering to bolus.

Hi Sherri!

I can't take credit for this idea, a friend started doing this with her
daughter.  She has her daughter take the pump off her pants and put it on the
table while she eats.  When she gets up she has to hook the pump back onto
her pants and that's how she remembers to bolus.  Maybe this would help you

Good luck,

Mom to Amanda   dx 4/97 at age 3     pumpin'  7/99