Re: [IP] Insurance help needed

--- Ashley <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I asked this before, but didn't get a response.  I
> have alliance blue cross
> blue shield.  I pay 400

Dearest Ashley, What a drain for you.  I realize how
fortunate I am to have such good coverage where I
work.  I went a long time without insurance and that
certainly perpetuated poor care on my part.  I
couldn't afford to test very much or even to see a
In my state of MN we have a plan called MN Care that
is fairly inexpensive, although I have never used it.
I am wondering if your state has the same?  You did
not mention how much longer you would be in school or
if you planned on getting a full time position upon
graduation.  More than likely you may have to wait due
to your "pre-existing" condition, although this has
never been a requirement for my Blue Cross insurance.
This might sound strange, but have you looked into the
Salvation Army?  lol, not joining, but utilizing their
free clinics, staffed by volunteer docs.  You may be
able to get some Rx help there as well as routine
exams.  My heart goes out to you.  I vow that someday
when I am able, I will offer up support for others in
situations similar to yours.  It is very hard to be a
diabetic and not have the $$ available to get good
care.  God Bless.  Cynthia

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience