Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:04:20 -0700
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Cost of supplies

Well Gina, we suffer!
We make the daily decision to either pay a bill or buy
a needed supply,
maybe we don't go on a job interview or if we're
working, maybe we
don't go
out to dinner. You pull in your belt and make the best
of it and when
you
can't
pull in your belt anymore, your electric, gas, rent or
something else
falls
by
the wayside. I've been out of work since 9-11 (thanks
Al-Quieda),
with the job went the insurance! Believe me when I
tell you,
there is very, very, very little help out there.
Minimed gave me a 20%
discount (good for 1 yr, even with the discount I
still pay $100.00
every 20
days for just the infusion sets) and Eli Lily gave me
3 months free
insulin,
other than that everyone and everyplace else say they
can't help
"people like
me" and I should go back on the needle, my $199.00 per
week
unemployment puts
me making too much money, even though I have $550.00
in rent each
month,
since
I'm not a senior I can't take any living or medical
(prescription)
expenses
off my income!
I have been using the same reservoir for the last 5
months. Like I said
we
make do, we get by and keep hoping things will change
for the better
and I
keep hoping I'll find a job!
Sorry to be such a kill joy, but you ask! and I'm
telling the cold hard
truth!!
Tina