Re: [IP] complications

In a message dated 5/22/2002 10:13:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I refuse to believe everything is downhill with diabetes--I have been a type
>  1 for approx  37 years and no complications yet--I'm 72 (thats a dangerous
>  age??) and feel great travel a lot a lot out of the US --But I keep my
>  A1c below 6.7 -- I think attitude also helps a lot-- I test up to 10 times
>  day to help catch those sneaky highs down.  So don't take diabetes as all
>  downhill.

thanks for sharing!  It really helps this pumpmama to hear from longtime
DMers who have had success in avoiding complications.  I know know how
important control is in the equation and also know that genetics are part of
it all, too . . . but it helps to know that if you are dilligent about
control and lucky enough to get good genes, complications aren't inevitable!

Pumpmama to Katie