Re: [IP] Water-resistance

In a message dated 5/22/2002 8:36:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I have a question for anyone who spends time in the water with any
>  water-resistant pump: Which pump do you use? Have you had problems
>  with the pump not being as water resistant as the company's official
>  tested limits?

My daughter has been pumping with her Animas pump for almost a year now.  She
virtually never disconnects except to change sets.  She wears her pump in the
shower all the time (but sets it on the edge of the tub so as not to "cook"
her insulin).  During the summer, I swear she is half fish and routinely
wears her pump clipped to her bathing suit bottoms in the pool for a good
part of the day.  We spent 3 weeks in Hawaii last summer where she wore her
pump in the ocean in a sports belt that was NOT the water resistant kind, but
just so that I didn't have to worry about it getting knocked off her bikini
bottoms and lost in the briny deep.  She was in the ocean at least once a day
for several hours and wore her pump while boogie boarding, swimming, kayaking
and snorkeling with no problems.  Watertightness was a major factor when we
were pump shopping and was a major reason we chose the Animas pump.  It has
far and away the highest rating:  12 feet for 24 hours.

Pumpmama to Katie