[IP] starting insulin ratio and correction factors

Lauren, age 6 and dx'd 11/00, is wearing her pump with saline now, and we
will start with insulin on Tuesday.  Our new CDE and her endo are
suggesting a correction factor of 1:60, and an insulin to CHO ratio of
1:10.  Her total daily dose is about 15-17 units now with injections.  I
think 1:60 and 1:10 is way off.  By the rules of 1800 and 500, with 16
units TDD she should be 1:113 correction and 1:31 insulin to CHO.
Wouldn't 1:60 and 1:10 probably make her too low?  I'd like some opinions
on this.
Either I need more lessons in algebra or the doctor and CDE do.
Thanks in advance.
Karen