Re: [IP] Paridigm Upgrade unwarrented stomping on minimed

Not sure if I should interject my 2 cents worth or not, this has been
really interesting and I hope someone from MM is paying attention.

I have been a MM pump user for 15 years, I'm on the 508 now & part of the
Paradigm exchange program.  I only wish that everyting else in my life
had been as reliable as the MM insulin pumps I have had!!! :)   I guess
when you don't have problems you're not really testing customer service,
but I have had no problems to date in that area either.

My sister- in-law had a D-Tron for 5 years and just changed to the
Paradigm and absolutly loves it, and I have heard no complaints from her
concerning customer service compared to Disitronic either.

Thank goodness that we have choices now!!!

 >From: email @ redacted

Re: [IP] Paridigm Upgrade unwarrented stomping on minimed >Date: Tue, 21
May 2002 14:22:07 US/Eastern > >As with any mechanical device, there is
no 100% guarantee that it will not >malfunction. > >Let's use the
automobile as an example. If you owned a honda and after a few >years,
something broke or malfunctioned, does that mean that all hondas like
>yours are unreliable? I don't think so! > >I have had my 508 for 3 years
and have only had one problem where I had to send >my pump into Minimed.
Static discharge got my pump. I called MM @ 6:30 PM and >had a
replacement by 10:00 AM the next morning. I have had nothing but
>wonderful experiences with MiniMed. I just wish the Paradigm had a
larger >reservoir. > > >Thank You......Drive Through > >Andy Johnson