Re: [IP] Heart Attacks and Diabetes

In a message dated 05/21/2002 7:53:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I don't know I guess it just seems a huge uphill battle and not a  lot of
> hope.  The last time I heard some hope on diabetes was when the DCCT trial
> came out...but even that is questionable.  Some people say NO matter what
> you will get complications and Die from diabetes...
> who to believe?

I refuse to believe everything is downhill with diabetes--I have been a type
1 for approx  37 years and no complications yet--I'm 72 (thats a dangerous
age??) and feel great travel a lot a lot out of the US --But I keep my blood
A1c below 6.7 -- I think attitude also helps a lot-- I test up to 10 times a
day to help catch those sneaky highs down.  So don't take diabetes as all
     Good control (below 6.8 A1c) is very important to keeping complications
    Hope this helps