Re: [IP] Heart Attacks and Diabetes

I too, found the thread on this subject intriguing but, I think its too
depressing.  I am 24 almost 25 years old..had diabetes for 14 years and on
pump for 1 1/2 years.  I am in much better control than I was before the
pump. My mother also has diabetes for 30 years and she has had 3 heart
attacks and had some problems.  I feel sometimes like things are
"inevitable" but, isn't exercise, low fat diet, good control mean something
against heart disease? Can I get a witness in here?

I don't know I guess it just seems a huge uphill battle and not a  lot of
hope.  The last time I heard some hope on diabetes was when the DCCT trial
came out...but even that is questionable.  Some people say NO matter what
you will get complications and Die from diabetes...

who to believe?

jake chojnacki
Chicago IL