[IP] Heart Attacks and Diabetes

I've found this thread intriguing.  I have probably
brought this up here before, but not recently.  I do
think that as a diabetic I need to do everything I can
to prevent heart disease, which is why I switched to a
very low fat vegan diet 10 years ago.  (If anyone is
interested, take a look at Dr. John McDougall's

I know having diabetes increases my risks for all
sorts of other diseases, and I just don't want to
further increase my risk by taking in the standard
American diet, or for that matter the ADA diet.  My
last cholesterol was 118, and I'm quite pleased with
that.  No, I've never had any sign of heart diseases -
this is all preventive.  I also believe this diet
helps me prevent other diseases, especially because I
don't eat any dairy products.  I know this is not for
everyone, but it is definitely for me.

Just my two cents' worth.  I don't bring this up often
because I've found that lots of people aren't

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience