[IP] re: pump problems

I've been pumping since 8/2000 and have a MM 508. My first problem happened 3
weeks into the pumping experience and so I was a little paranoid. I can't
recall the error message but I panicked & called MM and they told me the pump
needed to be reset and walked me through the process. I have had several other
instances where I was getting the error message about static elec. I carry the
pump in my pocket so  I figured out how to solve that problem. I've also had
minor problems with the back light as well as the up & down arrows. We were
all dealt a nasty blow when we were diagnosed with diabetes. I've been a type
I for 30 years with relatively poor control for the first 15, not due to lack
of effort. I've got the usual complications which accompany erratic glucose
levels, IE: peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet, retinopathy in my eyes,
gastroparesis, spilling protein in my urine. Every time something else pops
up, I think what else can this disease do to me or take from me. Then I look
at the big picture & consider myself lucky to have what I have. All you have
to do is turn on the TV & see what kind of living conditions others in 3rd
world countries must endure. I think people become pampered by technology &
things that will make our lives easier. I get up every morning in a free
country and am able to walk, talk, see, hear interact with my family, and have
food to eat. Everything else seems trivial, especially after 9/11/2001.
            warming in Phoenix           Dave