Dianne Shekell wrote:

>>>I was told not to give him fruit by itself as a snack because fruit has
much natural sugar and reacts quicker. The CDE said to have it WITH a meal.
I'm sure some fruits react quicker than others.  I was told a ripe banana
reacts quicker than most fruits.  I'd think I'd keep in mind that each fruit
has a different glycemic number.>>>

As a matter of fact, watermelon has the highest glycemic index of all fruits
(except for dried fruits).  Watermelon is 72, banana is 55.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish "Friends With Diabetes"
Visit our new website www.FriendsWithDiabetes.org