[IP] Re: Jim and diabetic heart attacks

Jim -

Thanks for the encouraging news about diabetics being as likely to have a
heart attack as a non-diabetic who's already had one....as if I didn't
know, and as if I weren't waiting for it to happen every day of my life.
: < (

This knowledge makes me want to stop testing, being careful with food, etc.
so that I can get it over with. Of what benefit is an improved ha1c if the
body is doomed anyway?  What a disheartening statistic from an individual
who provides such quality information to the Digest.