[IP] sugar leaving ones nerves

From: "BertnSue" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Pain when bg normal

I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion to help me out. Last year I
noticed my hands tingled when I would get low. Now it is happening a lot
when my bgs are normal. I can stand it during the day, but it is wakening me
up at night as it is now accompanied with pain. Doesn't seem to happen when
I'm high, 180+..I've had electric charges shooting down my legs almost daily
and the doctor thought it might be sugar leaving my nerves as I'm achieving
better control with my pump . TIA.

Susan, last hga1c 8.5, which was down from 9.5,which was better than the
10.7 last year!
PS Forget any surgery as I know 2 people who ended up worse off!
Sounds like diabetic neuropathy or possibly MS. I'd suggest you see a
neurologist. neuropathy is certainly more probable. the treatment is
different for the two conditions. A few non invasive tests will be able to
sort it all out.As for sugar leaving your nerves, I don't see that as a
possibility. spot

A. L. Bender, M. D.