Re: [IP] New Paradigm konks out!!

In a message dated 5/21/02 8:15:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> the manufacturer to study and determine if there is a fundamental problem in
> the manufacture or if it is a more or less random occurrence and within the
> established QA/QC limits.
> Jim Handsfield

It would be appropriate for them to "have studied" it before they sell the
pump; Gabe's b.g. climbed to over 330 while off the pump; the 508 was
difficult to get going and is not as easy to use as the Paradigm and not
everyone is able to grab a loaner pump on a moments notice; plus he missed a
morning of school and I missed work; plus, if I hadn't have been available or
the "motor error" not detected quickly, who knows what b.g. would have been
without basal delivery for several hours.

No excuse for such quick failure after pump start...however, good customer
service at MiniMed.  Gabe tells me if he drops or otherwise misues pump and
this time he did not.  Only thing is that he went in the pool...maybe the
thing is not actually waterproof.  That is the only thing I can think of.