[IP] May Pumpers Meeting--San Jose, California

The monthly gathering of the Bay Area pumpers, family and friends is scheduled
for Tuesday night (May 21) in San Jose at the Diabetes Society of Santa Clara
Valley.  All pumpers, prospective pumpers, family members, friends and anyone
else interested in pumping is welcome to attend and you do not need to be a
member of the Diabetes Society.  The meeting will be chaired by Alice Orth
who is an RN, CDE and certified pump trainer.  The main topic for our meeting
is "Bolusing for Special Foods".  We will be talking about how to deal with
difficult foods as well as those that don't seem to require as much insulin
you might otherwise expect.  Join us to trade ideas about this topic or
else related to pumping and diabetes.  Also, one of our group members has
just received a Glucowatch and she will be bringing it to the meeting so that
we can learn more about it.

We are a diverse, friendly group and we always have fun while at the same
time learning new things about pumping.  Meeting details are as follows:

    When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday May 21
    Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                 The office is located in the Willow Glen area
                 just south of downtown San Jose, in the
                 renovated Garden Theater building at:

                 1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                 San Jose CA 95125
                 Phone: (408) 287-3785

                 There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the
                 from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third
floor.  Turn
                 left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just
ahead on
                 the left.

If you need a ride, have any questions or need to know more, please contact
me.  See you there!

Bob Goodman