RE: [IP] New Paradigm konks out!!

Marion [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> But failures should be "understandable", e.g. "dropped the
> pump", pushed
> buttons 100 times too many and etc.  We got a "motor error"
> simply from
> changing the battery.  Battery was out less than 30 seconds;
> I watched!!

I am quite certain that when a pump fails and is replaced, the failed pump
is examined very carefully and the cause of the failure is "understandable"
once the engineers are finished with it.  Physical abuse (dropping, etc.) is
certainly one possibility.  Harder to detect are slight manufacturing
defects in the hardware and the electronics.  It is this process that allows
the manufacturer to study and determine if there is a fundamental problem in
the manufacture or if it is a more or less random occurrence and within the
established QA/QC limits.

Jim Handsfield