RE: [IP] New Paradigm konks out!!

Marion [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> That's right...less than two months old and Gabe's Paradigm
> konked out this
> morning with a "motor error" message.

There has been a spate of posts lately about pump failures, and I think a
word or two about QA/QC may be in order.

QA/QC does not, nor has it ever meant, no failures.  It means keeping them
to an acceptable level.  Acceptable is defined with many factors, not the
least of which is the urgency that results from a failure.  But we have a
tendency to overplay failures and not look at the overall picture when
judging the reliability of any device, in this case the MiniMed pumps.
Given the number of devices in use, I suspect the failure rate is pretty low
- and is probably very low for all manufacturers.

Jim Handsfield