RE: [IP] MiniMed 508 Questions....Priming, Case and Resevoir and Humalog

Cherry [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Insulin can and will put weight on. The higher the dosage the
> higher the
> "chance" (no pun intended) ;-) that you will put weight on. It is an
> unfortunate side effect of the insulin.

I disagree.  Insulin has, for all intents and purposes, no calories.  But it
does enable cells to use the calories we eat.  Careful eating and exercise
is the way to control weight.  Using insulin per se will not cause weight
gain.  Some diabetics are overweight, mostly because they consume more
calories than they expend.  Some non-diabetics are overweight, mostly
because they consume more calories than they expend.

Jim Handsfield