Re: [IP] update and question

In a message dated 5/20/02 1:37:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I wrote:
> "The way I have stretched out usage has been to give injections for the
> boluses and let the pump run just basals. " Jan
> Isn't this counter productive to the freedom, convience etc offered by a
> pump?
> Linda & Dax >>>
> Why would it be counterproductive? Isn't life about choices and if I choose
> to inject a bolus to stretch out the timing in my pump's reservoir at a
> particular time, what diff does it make as long as the insulin gets inside
> me by my chosen method? As was stated in the original post, we learn tricks
> along the way. Definitely, YMMV! (~_^)

It seam's to me we read this list to see if we can find a better way to
accomplish our ultimate goal. (GOOD CONTROL.) I agree with Jan if I have a
site fail or pull one out I will shoot a shot to save infusing a large dose
of insulin and bring my absorption down before the 4th day. I have found if I
eat a lot and need to infuse more than normal my site will go bad in less
than normal times. As Jan said YMMV. I will say I wish I could carry 600
units and only change every 2 weeks. Roger C (dx 12/1/47 PM 5/7/00) still
dragging my warm hockey puck in tow