RE: [IP] Paridgm Resevoir Size

Vance, dude.  Is it okay for me to have an independent train of thought?
This is the second 508 that I have had in the last year.  The last one just
went dead and started beeping.  This was when I was traveling and the tech
support person said that it was static electricity.  Hello?  Static
electricity?  I'm surprised that they didn't somehow blame it on "user
intervention" like most of the reports to the FDA list as the cause of the
problem (go to
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/search.CFM and
search on minimed, but then, if you never had a problem, then no one else
should either, right?  There have been 437 reports on minimed devices in the
last year.).

Disconnect your pump and watch the tip of the clip when you push the
reservoir tip to the side.  With mine, 5-10u of insulin come out.  If you
don't like that, then maybe you could talk to the paramedics that were at my
house Saturday night, or my wife who couldn't revive me.  Perhaps it was a
freak occurrence, but it happened and there is no other explanation for the
dose of insulin that I got unexpectedly since it had been more than 4 hours
since my last bolus and my BG was at 20 for nearly an hour after ingesting
over 150g of carbohydrates.

I'd suggest you stop kicking yours, or bouncing it off the floor because it
may not last. I take my pump off when I play basketball.

When I pay a significant fraction of my income for a pump and its supplies,
I want it to function, and I want to be able to discuss its characteristics.
Maybe this isn't the place to do that.

Forget the convenience of larger capacity reservoirs, look at the fact that
if you use 300 instead of 150, you waste less insulin and use far less
supplies, and that could make the financial impact of the pump much less as
coverages decline.