To: email @ redacted* Subject: Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #326* From: email @ redacted* Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 23:27:43 EDT* Reply-To: email @ redacted ----- -------------------I remember the clinitest tablet - my grandmother used to test her mom's urine by boiing the urine on the stove and adding the same chemical to look for a reaction. Thank God for progress. i even remember reading somewhere that one of the first treatments for DM was a high fat diet with low cards - metabolism was slowed patient lived a little longer. Burnt toast was the meal in the am. I cringe even when Boiing the urine on the stove

On 17 May 2002 23:27:43 EDT, email @ redacted wrote:
< my grandmother used to test her mom's urine
by boiing the urine on the stove and adding the same chemical <

I can remember boiling MY urine on the stove with Benedict's solution. It
took five minutes before the test was complete. That was 1943-1945.
Clinitest came after that.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 1995, 508 2000