[IP] 508 error---grrrr

I haven't posted too many times, usually I just read the digest, but this
time I felt the need to vent.
Yesterday my pump decided to pull the classic Minimed 508 keypad error
I've heard about. So I called them and they sent me a replacement, which
arrived this morning. The problem is, IT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! The lead
screw apparently refuses to turn at all. I was so mad I could barely see
So now they're replacing the replacement, and it should be here Monday.
I'll just take injections until then.
My problem now is figuring out how much NPH to take to replace the basal.
I guess I'll just estimate and check my bs more often. It's more of an
annoyance than anything.
At least the Minimed people (I've talked to 3 different people in 2 days)
seem nice and are prompt to respond.
Thanks for listening, this list may help me keep my sanity!

Amee Woodard
junior Dietetics major, University of Delaware