Re: [IP] A Dead 508 -Us too!

       Funny, we went through the same exact thing last Thursday night -- my
wife's 6 month old 508 died (all 8's on the screen).  MiniMed got a loaner
508 to us by Saturday morning but my wife DID panic -- not having an
emergency plan in place.  Of course the endo. was away that night and the
covering doctor said "I am not touching this -- go to the ER!"  We have been
to the ER and hospital before and for the most part they tell us "You know
more about it than us so take care of yourself."
       As panic set in, we called -- at 11 at night -- the diabetes education
nurse that first helped us with the new pump back in September 2001.  She
traveled 40 min. to the local hospital, met us there, and loaned us her
teaching 507C to use until the MiniMed loaner came on Saturday.  The next
morning the endo. called us (having been advised that we had called his
service the night before) and my wife went right in to see him.  They worked
out a plan for any future pumpless emergency.  This just goes to show there
are some very very special people out there who do care for others!