[IP] Infusion Sets and Syringes

Today my pump went on the fritz! I have left my Quickset in (9mm) and
detached the tubing etc. Is it possible for me to take insulin through
this infusion set? If so, how far should I insert my syringe?

P.S. Its late, no pharmacies are open, and I don't have any long acting
insulin. JUST HUMALOG! So I need to take a couple units every 2-3 hours.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.