Re: [IP] Questions for my Diabetes Educator

I know where you guys are coming from.  I have never had a doc or other
health care professional give me any advice that has ever helped me (seems
like the only thing they ever fixed for me was a broken arm).  Even when I
was diagnosed, it was because I walked into the office and told the doc that
I had diabetes.  He only tested me to humor me...  Anyway, very early on I
decided that if I couldn't rely on them, I had to do it myself.  I just read
everything I could get my hands on about diabetes and nutrition.  I actually
spent a lot of time at the medical school library of my husband's university
in the first couple of years after my diagnosis.  Now I think I know more
than the docs (at least on some topics) which of course makes them CRINGE
when they see me coming!  He, he, he...  I like it that way better than when
I used to be the one cringing.  Of course, I'd still love to find a doc who
really knew what was going on and cared enough to be helpful, but I am not
holding my breath.  I hope you guys find one, and if you do, let me know!