Re: [IP] tonsilitis, mono, and strep, oh my

In a message dated 5/17/02 2:16:15 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< He did a strep test, but of course it takes 3 days to find out the
 >results. He gave me amoxycillin, said get lots of rest (easy for him to
 >say), and sent me on my way. If the strep test is negative I have to go
 >back and see him and he will order a blood test for mono.

i did have mono when i was a sophmore in highschool...10 years ago...and of
course i freaked the doctors out!!!  they didnt know what to do with me  ;-)
i was exhausted!  really exhausted!  although i cannot remember about my
throat.  i was in the hospital for a week...on meds...off of school for 2
and the only thing that really sticks out is that my side always hurt!  they
said it was my spleen (sp)...but of course it went away  lol
good luck!
pumping with my JETT :-)