Re: [IP] RE: frozen shoulder

> In reading list input, I've seen a few references to a diabetic
> frozen shoulder.  Could someone elaborate on what this is?  I'm
> experiencing a limited range of motion in one shoulder and
> discomfort in trying to put the arm behind my back.  I'm also
> experiencing some generalized joint pain and wondering if this is
> related to diabetes and how and what can be done for it.  Thanks in
> advance.

You description sounds like frozen shoulder. It is more prevalent in
diabetics, but others get it as well. Mild cases usually resolve
themselves. More often, some combination or all of exercise, physical
therapy, cortisone shots and manipulation are required to restore
range of motion. BTDT :-(

There is a good information resource on the LINKS page of the
web site.