Re: [IP] tonsilitis, mono, and strep, oh my

>He did a strep test, but of course it takes 3 days to find out the
>results. He gave me amoxycillin, said get lots of rest (easy for him to
>say), and sent me on my way. If the strep test is negative I have to go
>back and see him and he will order a blood test for mono.

I read somewhere that if it's strep you'll get a sudden high fever.  Mono
makes you feel very tired.  Other than that my knowledge is limited.  Btw,
I had strep throat once (a long time ago) and was so sick for 2 weeks.  I
went home from work early because I didn't feel good and only had a
scratchy throat at the time.  By the next day I was so out of it, all I
remember is being in bed and my mom giving me my insulin, antibiotics and
trying to get me to drink juice so I wouldn't dehydrate.  This lasted for
more than a week.  My throat was so swollen and painful I could hardly
swallow anything.  I never want to go through that again.  YMMV.