[IP] Canadian health care

Hello. A move to Toronto will most likely be in my future this fall. I was
wondering what is covered under Canadian Health Care or even OHIP?.
Eventually I will be a permanent resident with all the privileges citizens
share regarding health care.

Was wondering if someone could tell me what is covered as far as testing
supplies (I use the FreeStyle meter), pumps (I use an Animas with MiniMed
sets), etc. as well as testing. Is getting an A1C every 3 mo. standard? What
about cholesterol tests, etc. I also have Hypothyroidism, would tests be
covered for that also every 3 mo. if needed?

I know that health care is "free" in Canada, but don't know if there are
limits on what can be done when or what is covered.

Thank you.