Re: [IP] Questions for my Diabetes Educator

Meg??,

My doctor also never checks my feet.  He does do HbA1c tests but usually
when it comes to helping me with my basal rates he is also shooting from
the hip.  He also looks at the past two weeks readings and makes changes
based on that.  This is not the doctor that pump me on the pump.  I
probably wouldn't be if I were seeing him at the time.  I too have the
dawn phenomenon as well as some other "phenonmenon :-)"  as you have spoke
of.  This is also why I am having problems checking my basals.  I also do
not have a clue about glycemic index and other food issues that I have
heard about here.  I was taught to count carbs by knowing that 1 carb
exchange is equal to 15 grams.  This really makes me so angry.  I want to
take the best care of myself, but I am not trained in the medical field
and at this time I am being let down by these medical professionals that
my insurance company and myself are paying so much to do nothing.  I am
sorry for ranting.

Billie