[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Re: glad I carry extra supplies/
Pumpers and Friends,
I to have been following ....WHAT IF??
melissa atcheson <email @ redacted> wrote:
I've been following the recent thread about what everybody carries with them.
I have a plan of action for WHAT IF? do you?
I have three models of what I call !'My ER Kits!(.
I. Fanny Pack !KI have one with me at all the time; and I made one for my GF to have for then we go to football game!Kpark!Kmall!Kas she is my backup for day to day actives.
II. Lock Box!K. I have one in my car; then I was working one at my desk or at school too. I need to lock this up so no one would mess with my supplies.
III. Storm bag is a big sport !(gym!( bag. I can go for two week with this one. I also have a change of clothes and copy of pump manual. A book, radio, TV, important papers, back-up pump, and food. In Icebox is a bag with insulin and some meds at the ready to go in to Storm bag. I have talk over with my Girl Friend that is in storm bag and why and have add things she needs. I made small one for my cat too. :
In it is the following: Fanny Car/Wo/Sch Storm
a. Blood Sugar Kit
1. Meter 1 1 1
2. Blood Glucose Strips 50 100 300
3. Blood Ketone Strips 4 8 24
4. Bayer!&s Ketostix foiled wrapped strips 10 20 50
5. Microlet lancet 1 1 1
6. Lancets 5 10 25
7. Glucose tablets 1 tube of 10 2 tubes 3 tubes
8. Glucagon ER Kit with doc's note 1 1 1
b. Pump Kit
1. Infusion set i.e. Softset-Tenders 2 5 10
2. Dressing i.e. Tegaderm 5 10 20
3. Hypafix that I have pre-cut to size 5 10 20
4. Batteries 1 set 1 set 2 sets
5. Syringe cartridge set 1 5 10
6. Tape 1-roll 1 roll 2 rolls
7. Adapter with locking tappet 1 1 1
8. Piston rod 1 1 1
c. Misc. Kit
1. Insulin syringe and/or Insulin Pen 1 1 3
2. Zip-lock of Alcohol, Hibistat, Skin-Prep,
I.V. Prep, Betadine, and Uni-solve Pads 5 each 10 each 25 each
3. Money about # in coin to make calls or get food 3.00 5.00 10.00 +
4. Pill box with meds for a # of days 1 7 14
5. B-D Safe-Clip for sharps 1 1 1 with ziplock
6. ER Letter from my Doctor about me, my pump, 1 1 1
and meds I take and why. In this letter is my name,
address, phone #, and who to call if I have problem.
When I go out of town, I make up ER Kits of supplies: one I carry, one for GF to carry, one in her bag, and one in mine. I have five meters so I have back-ups. I have a cell phone. I also have talk over with my doctor a !'What If?!( plan. I have small memo book with notes and copy of basals. I lost my backup notebook last week, I found it this morning, so I made copy to going in each of the kits. So!K!K!K!K!K!K!K..
REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml