Re: [IP] unexpected pump failures

> What is the infusion port?  Where you disconnect at the infusion
> site or is it on the pump?  Sorry to sound ignorant.  Laura wears
> Rapids (no disconnect).

When I refer to the infusion port, I mean the silastic seal at the
disconnect site of the infusion set. For SofSets, it is the end of
the pig-tail, for other sets it's the (usually) white plastic area
where the port mates with the infusion line. Don't know what it looks
like for the Quick Set, but for Sil/Tender/Comfort sets and the
Ultra, it is about an eighth of an inch in diameter and white. Care
must be taken not to insert the syringe too deep so you don't
puncture the tubing on the other side. Try it with some water on an
old one after you remove it. It's pretty easy to do after the first
couple of trys and works well for us.

Michael