Re: [IP] Paradigm Upgrade

Most insurance companies will only give you a certain amount of supplies and
then not give you anything else for a while...like 3 months of supplies and
then refuse to give you anything else for 3 months.  Well, if the person
ordered 508 supplies, then upgraded and had to return the 508, they are stuck
without supplies until the end of the 3 months...  That just doesn't sound
right?  Did they give you a reason why they will not exchange the 508
supplies?  Maybe you could talk to another supply company and see if they will
exchange it?  Or maybe your doctor will intercede for you and talk to minimed?
I guess you could always sell it to another pumper somehow, someone who does
not buy it through their insurance.  I am still waiting to hear from minimed
about the upgrade thing.  I purchased my pump within the time frame but heard
nothing about it until after the program "expired" so they are looking tnto it
whether or not I am eligible.  You are right, they certainly didn't give this
much thought at all.  That's not really a suprise, though ;)  I think you have
to pass a stupidity test to work for insurance or supplies/pharmacy companies.