Re: [IP] Novolog insulin site mentions Insulin Pumpers

At 12:03 AM 5/16/02 -0400, you wrote:
 >Just looked at the Novo Site for Novolog
 >(http://www.novolog.com/consumer/index.htm) and noticed what they wrote
 >about us:
 >9.   Insulin Pumpers: Is a mostly volunteer service company that provides
 >information and support for adults and children with diabetes and their
 >families interested in insulin pump therapy. http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
 >Anyone want to help correct them??  (Are we a company or a completely
 >volunteer org who just help each other out?)

According to the Web site,

"Insulin Pumpers is organized under California Nonprofit Public Benefit
Corporation Law exclusively for charitable and educational purposes and is
a tax exempt publicly supported organization as described under Sections
501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code. Its mission is to
provide charitable and educational services and information to people with
diabetes, their families, health care professionals and the public. Insulin
Pumpers qualifies for the maximum contribution deduction allowed under both
California and United States revenue codes. Insulin Pumpers federal tax I.D
number is 77-0496722. IRS DLN: 17053310019008 dated Jan 4, 1999."

So I think that technically we are a company (albeit a non- or anit-profit
one).That's the only way we can possibly manage to stay afloat financially.
But we are also a completely volunteer org who just help each other out;
the two are not mutually exclusive.

KEY POINT: Non-profit organizations don't make money.

At the end of the month someone has to pay the billls, and Insulin Pumpers
can't do it alone. Someone needs to support them and those someones should
be all of us.  If we don't pay for the service, no-one else will. And if it
goes we are the ones who will miss it.

IP-Admin Group