Re: [IP] Has anyone tried pulling off the plastic threaded cap o

> and using it in the Disetronic D-Tron?
> I know that many people use Lantus cartridges in NovoPens by
> removing the plastic threaded caps from spent NovoLog cartridges and
> attaching them to Lantus cartridges.
> In theory NovoLog should work in the D-Tron. Would like hear if
> anybody has already done so, but I am NOT recommending that you
> should try this if you haven't done so already, since I have
> obviously not tried this myself.

Direct from both Novo and Disetronic --- DON'T do this.

The cartridges are slightly the wrong size and will eventually damage
the pump. I found this out in a room full of CDE's when the medical
director for NOVO reminded them all to not do this. One of the stood
up and said "it works, I have one in my pump now". It was pretty
funny, but the consequences of ignoring this warning might not be :-)