[IP] Doctor Visit

Just wanted to share - although I mostly just read the postings - that my son had an endo visit today and his best A1c yet (MDI's or pumping) at 7.2!  His endo thinks this is a great number for kids as he really doesn't want to have his patients going too low.  We also talked about the possibility of using the CGMS sometime to really get a picture of what is going on and they hope to have one in their office soon to have even kids use.  He did share that he (non-D) used the CGMS as a sort of test and was surprised to see that he went to 40 during the night.  Anyway, I will post on my sons new A1c on his IP info. page, but I guess we are doing OK.  The biggest change we are going to make this time is to start using the dual wave bolus for lunches as my son seems to be high a couple hours after lunch.  Anyway, a good visit and its nice to have these good visits when I read so often the "horror" stories of others.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom