Re: [IP] Rapid set users

On 14 May 2002 at 22:46, Annie Wall wrote:

> Disetronics sent me some samples of rapid sets.
> Pretty much all day I have felt the point of the needle in me, sometimes
> when something presses against the location, sometimes just when I stretch.
> Ouch.  Any notion what's gone wrong?  Any suggestions for future insertions? (I
> have 2 more samples to try.)

Get a shorter length needle or try for a fleshier part of the body.

> Also, I notice that the adhesive that comes with it doesn't really seem to
> be sticking.    (Hope it doesn't slip out tonight when I'm tossing and
> turning.)  The directions say you don't need extra tape but do some of you
> use some anyhow?

I use a full IV3000 patch over the set, which also covers about an inch of the tubing.  That helps absorb tugs and pulls you get on the tubing.  It also provides a water-
resistant barrier so that I can shower with the set in.  I plan to get the new Rapids with disconnect (been planning for 3 years) but even with these I will probably use the
IV3000.  I like the 6mm sets in my arms.