[IP] Re: Insurance and pumps

 I'm going to be coming up on a problem in a year or so and I need to be
 prepared.  Our daughter has a pump that will be 4 years old in July and will
 be out of warranty soon..  I have found out that our insurance considers a
 pump a one time benefit.  I called our state tax commission and found out
 that our insurance, Educator's Mutual, is self funded and they don't have to
 go along with any state or federal mandates.  (Here's a little
 irony...Educators won't pay for diabetes education either.)  >>

LOL  I ran up against the "educators won't pay for diabetes education either"
thing a few years ago. I'm insured through a university. I reminded them that
the "product" they sell is education and said if they didn't pay for
education, then they must not believe in their product. They now cover
diabetes education.

Jan and Elvis