Re: [IP] Parent to a diabetic child

I am going to play devil's advocate for a minute.  To you that have not been a
diabetic child and are just parents of a diabetic child, I don't think Pat
meant any harm.  We do as children get tired of everything being blamed on
diabetes.  I don't know how long Pat has been a diabetic or at what age it
started, but for me I have been diabetic for almost 21 years at was diagnosed
at the age of 11.  Things are so different now than when I was a child.
Everything I wanted to do as a child was brushed off with the excuse that I
could not because I was a diabetic.  My mother always blamed all of my moods on
diabetes.  Not hormones or whatever.  It was always diabetes.  Our parents went
through a lot, as I am sure you have, but they were by no means blessed with
today's technologies.  We as parents are by no means perfect with or without a
child with an illness.  We just do the best we can.  By the way, my son is a
diabetic too.  I can sit on both sides of the fence.

Billie