[IP] Parent to a diabetic child

Hi. It is a pump anniversary day...and I saw this at Childrenwithdiabetes site
and I added/changed it a bit. Anyone want to add their own. I thought it would
be cute to add something like this to our site!
You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when ...

Your first words to your child every morning and when he gets in the car at
school is, "What were your blood sugars?"

Your newly diagnosed child asks if the communion at church is a free food.

You don't care what your child wears, as long as his meter, poker and pump fit
into the pockets.

Someone asks you how your diabetic child is doing and really means it, and you
want to cry because someone cares.

Your child gets excited and points to the same meter on the pharmacy shelf
that he has at home.

You yell for your child to come check his sugar, and everyone comes because
they know its meal-time.

You get excited whenever UPS pulls up with a box with your childs name on it
for diabetic supplies.

You have gotten up so many times during the night over the years that you
actually forget WHAT the bg was and WHEN you checked it that night! (or even
IF you actually got up!)

You are watching your child play a sport, and you are more concerned about
whether he is low than if he scores!

Mom to Kevin, 14, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99