RE: [IP] Foods that require extended boluses...

Sounds like you had something with extra fat in it that showed up later on
which is quite normal.

You need to do a dual wave bolus...take enough bolus for the food you are
actually eating at that time and then try to figure out how much fat you are
eating.  I usually figure out the fat and then dual wave it over a period of
time.  If you showed 8-9 hrs later, then you can dual wave for say 4-5 hours
and the insulin will slowly get delivered over that period of time.  Given
the fact that most insulins (humalog or novalog) have an extended period
staying in your body, it will be there for you and when you get up, your
b.g. should be normal.

Well, that's the way my body works.  Remember YMMV.  you have to do by trial
and error and see what works best for you and you do that by testing often.
Don't over-bolus because you don't want to be waking up w/a low!
Kathy B.