[IP] Re: Square-wave for protein

snip>>This happens to Gabe whenever he eats meat or chicken if
anything other than
a very, very small quantity.  We now square wave for the protein; we dose 60%
of the protein with a six hour square wave.  Seems to work, but even after
that there can be a 30-40 point rise.

Hi Marion,

Noah, too, does an extended wave bolus over 2-7 hours (determined by
the total amount of carbs, fat, and protein consumed).  We guess at
the amount of insulin to cover the fat and protein.  Do you use a
scientific formula to calculate either of those or have you just
developed your own formula based on trial and error like us?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o Noah