[IP] using insulin over

Has anyone ever used the insulin that they have left when you need a change.
Allot of times I do not have enough to make it through the night, but enough
left in that I hate to throw it. I used a syringe the other day to take it all
out of the reservoir and put back into the old empty bottle, not to mix with
new stuff. Most of the time it would only be a few cc but this time I had had
about 5 days with several lows a day and had extra but not enough to get to
the next day. Should I throw it or can I mix it with my new fill. Just